Sunday, January 13, 2008

Scrapbooking...

As I scrapbook from my freshman year of college, I keep thinking how discongruous my scrapbook is from my actual college life. I was in a sorority starting from day 1 of college, but I've never been a typical sorority girl. However, looking at my pages, you would think that all I was involved in was my sorority. Strangely enough, that just happens to be what I have pictures of as The Picture Man was at every event. I am so adamant about people not considering me a "sorority girl" that sometimes I forget to be proud of it. I was chosen by a group of girls as someone they thought worthy enough to pass their secrets on to and entrust with the future of an organization that is important to them.

One of the things I was involved with in the house was leading the Bible study with another girl for a couple of years, and although I didn't see any girls come to know Jesus as their Savior while I was there, perhaps I planted some seeds or just made them think differently by the life I lived. I know there were times I made mistakes in trying to show my sisters His love, but I hope I impacted some of them positively. Although I don't keep in touch with many of them, I still talk to my four best friends from my sorority as often as possible. People who hated sororities always harassed me about "buying" my friends and I will forever say that if these four women are the ones I "bought", they were worth every penny. This makes me want to go contact some sorority sisters that I haven't spoken to in a while...

No comments: