Monday, September 1, 2008

A couple more cards...

Hi! Sorry I've been gone so long - I'm going to try to get in a better routine of posting. This week will be crazy because I'm making a baby book for my dad's longtime administrative assistant's daughter. I'm so excited to use the new baby boy Simply Scrappin' Kit to do it - Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, and Old Olive look so great together! Maybe I can post some of the pages here in the coming days!

I'll be working on this project while I'm watching the opening of Season 2 of Gossip Girl tonight and Season 6 of One Tree Hill. They are two of those shows I don't often admit to liking but I guess every girl's gotta have at least one of those...I have several!!!

Anyway, the first card was my father-in-law's birthday card. I totally copied the entire thing from one of the Stampin' Success mags (a demonstrator only publication - just one reason for you to sign up! That $99 deal or the free stamp set with $199 starter kit deal is going to be ending soon!). I totally look forward to getting my SS every month, but this is my very favorite idea I'd ever seen in it (and the main reason I bought Frames with a Flourish). I had messy mechanics inside (staple and brad backings) so I decided to cover them up using the BRAND NEW SU! ONLY Top Note die - I put a matching one on the other side of the inside of the card and used it to write on (since regular pens won't really be showing up on Chocolate Chip cardstock). I think I'll be using this idea more in the future!




Supplies:
Stamps: Frames with a Flourish & All Holidays
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Kraft
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic and Craft Inks
Accessories: Silver Brads, Staples, Narrow Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Top Note die, Stampin' Dimensionals

The second card is one I demo-ed when I was in Lincoln having an impromtu party with my mom, sister, aunt-in-law and neighbor. It uses the amazing set Eastern Blooms which is on that 15% off stamp set promotion (ends September 30). One tip that helps me use those stamps more is that my husband sawed apart the wooden block with 3 flowers on it and I mounted each of them individually (just cut apart the rubber and the label). It was so easy but I think I'll use it more as a result!



Supplies:
Stamps: Eastern Blooms & Heard from the Heart
Cardstock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa
Ink: VersaMark, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch (LOVE IT!!!), Narrow Whisper White Grosgrain, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Corner Rounder Punch

No comments: