Thursday, June 11, 2009

End of the School Year Cards

Hello all! These are a few cards I made for my coworkers. Two of our math teachers (out of 7 fulltime) retired this year so that is who the first 2 cards are for. The second two are thanking my mentor (one of the retiring teachers) for all she's done for me and thanking our department chair for her hard work this year! I'll try and post details sometime later today! Warning: As it was the end of the school year, I was having difficulty with original thoughts, so these all have some sort of story behind them that helped me get them all done in a short amount of time!

This one was CASEd from a swap I received at Stampin' Up! Convention 2008 last year! (So excited for this year!) The stamper that made it had used Wonderful You - an amazing stamp set that will retire at the end of this month. I used the fabulous Branch Out to recreate the same layout. Both this card as well as the next one used the Sale-a-Bration stamp set Congrats which is no longer available - but I didn't have any other retirement sentiments! (Now I do though - fabulous Teeny Tiny Wishes - a must-have from the new catalog!)



This one was CASEd from Mercy Kerin (I believe) - I'll try and link the card here later! It is super similar if not a complete copy but I was sure the retiree didn't care!


This one was the 2 Sketches for You Sketch for the first week of the Ultimate Card Showdown!


This one was also the Mojo Monday Sketch a couple weeks ago!

2 comments:

Cate J said...

These are all beautiful. I love some of the more unusual color combos you have used.

Buffy said...

I love these cards, Sarah! My favorite is the Friends 24/7, but they are all gorgeous. I love your "extra touches."