Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Non-traditional Wedding Card

So if you follow the lovely Angie Tieman you'll notice that she's been posting different challenges from Splitcoaststampers Virtual Stamp Night (VSN). I posted them in my gallery over at SCS (my SCS name is sarahbe492) so if you want to see them all now head there - otherwise I'll be posting one per day!

The first challenge (one is posted every hour - you have 45 minutes to complete it and then 15 minutes for clean up if you participate while it is going on (Friday night and Saturday - but uploads are due Monday so you can do them out of order or on Sunday as well) was to make a non-traditional wedding card. The challenge hostess specifically said she wanted bright, bold colors with a quirky style. Here's mine:



Stamps: Goody Goody Gumdrops (Hostess set)
Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft Ink, Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Real Red & Summer Sun card stock, Pink Flamingo & Chocolate Chip Patterns Designer Series Papers
Accessories: Tempting Turquoise Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Circle Punches, Heart to Heart Punch, Pennant XL Bigz Die (Circle Scallop), Big Shot die cutting machine, Light Box, Punches Plus Template, Embossing Stylus, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Two Way Glue Pen

6 comments:

Cate J said...

This is wonderful!! So different from the usual pastels and so much fun.

Angie Tieman said...

FAbulous card! Love how "fun" it is for a non-traditional wedding card!

Thanks for visiting my blog and mentioning me, I linked you up too!

Peggy said...

Such a neat card. We always see such tradition type wedding cards. I really like it.

Rachel Bleich said...

I think you fit in all the criteria! Fun color scheme and layout. I have a hard time thinking outside the "traditional" box. Thanks for sharing!

EValeen said...

So cute! Great job!

Unknown said...

SO pretty work,this is different from the usual pastels and so much fun!!!
custom gift cards
plastic id cards online