Monday, April 6, 2009
Kristina Werner's Color Challenge #48
I cannot believe it has been so long since I have posted...aaaahhh! Life has been so crazy lately. I'm hoping to change that soon though - today I joined a group of Splitcoast Stampers that all want to post more regularly to their blogs and support each other through comments - so hopefully that'll help me.
First of all, I want to say that this was quite the challenge as I combined Kristina's Color Challenge with AmyR's Friday Sketch #54 (not this weeks sketch but a great one for this stamp set).
I really enjoyed making this card - can you believe it was the first time I inked up Trendy Trees? Such a great great stamp set with 2 super useful sentiments. However I did not use the sentiments - I made it a night of firsts by breaking into my Chit Chat Rubons. My dh ordered the rubons for me as an extra bonus when he ordered the set of Bold Brights Classic Stampin' Pads that I so desperately wanted for Christmas.
I'd like to try to include more measurements (as well as recipes):
1) Cut Baja Breeze card stock in half (through the middle of the long side) so that your piece measures 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". Score it at 4 1/4"
2) Cut 3 pieces of Chocolate Chip Patterns Designer Series Paper at 1 1/2" x 3 1/4". Adhere 2 pieces 1/4" from the top and sides and the middle piece will be centered between them (1/4" margins on the left and right as well as the top for the middle piece too).
3) Cut Whisper White card stock at 1 7/8" x 4 3/4" and stamp tree trunks in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. Use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the tree tops and stamp them in Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze Classic Inks. (Optional: Use a torn post it note to mask off where you want to sponge the grass in Kiwi Kiss Classic Ink.)
4) Cut a layer of Chocolate Chip card stock at 2" x 4 7/8" and Baja Breeze card stock at 2 1/4" x 5 1/8". Sponge Chocolate Chip Classic ink on the edges of the Baja Breeze.
5) Apply chosen Chit Chat rubon (there are so many to choose from in both chocolate and white! - although you could also stamp a sentiment in the same area) in the lower right hand corner.
6) Use white taffeta ribbon to tie a bow around the card.
See ya later chickadees! I'm hopefully going to churn out Dawn McVey's challenge for this week tonight so I'll be back! :)