Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shoebox Swaps


Hi! Tonight my awesome upline Beth and my fantastic sideline Kelly (blog to come soon...right Kelly?) got together to do a shoebox swap. We each brought 2 cards and all the supplies to make them (paper pre-cut to make it more speedy) - the reason for "shoebox" is that all the supplies should fit in a shoebox.

Here are the two cards I made for our mini-event! I'll be posting pictures of Beth and Kelly's cards soon! Anyway I used a great set out of the new catalog - Love You Much for the first one. I also used a sketch I found at CPS (Card Positioning Systems - it was challenge #24). I LOVE that sketch and will probably use it again in the near future!!!



The second card was a request from my upline - she loves Organic Outlines but doesn't own it (I won it at Convention this summer! Won it! Me - who never wins anything!!!). Anyway, I bought a DVD of techniques demonstrated at different Stampin' Up! regional seminars last year and wanted to try a technique from it: Craft Smoosh. You cut open a page protector (I used an extra 6x6 one from an SU! album - perfect for a card front) then smoosh one craft spot color on one side of the page protector and another color on the other side. Then smoosh the two together, roll with a brayer, put in two sheets of glossy cardstock back to back - glossy sides out, roll over with the brayer and pull out. At this point you have several choices: 1) let it dry (since it is glossy cardstock and craft ink this may take a while) 2) emboss with clear powder (what I did on this card - the piece is in the background) 3) emboss with Iridescent Ice Embossing powder (It was too busy for this card but absolutely beautiful!

You can also put drops of the metallic Encore reinkers into the page protector and smoosh for another amazing look! When you are all done smooshing (you could probably get 4 card front pieces if your spots were super juicy), just take a baby wipe and clean off the page protector until the next time you want to smoosh! Fun technique! The card is a bit busy for me but in the end I ended up loving it! I also used a sketch for this one - this time SCS sketch #210 (I'll try and link that up later as well). High hopes for tonight - I was up until 4 am last night so I might be fading fast really soon!!!

Hopefully I'll be back later with a supply list, entry for Kristina Werner's Inspiration Challenge, and a case of a catalog (yeah new catties!!! I LOVE it!!!) for my Swapper Anonymous group (a support group for people who sign up for far too many swaps!) HI SA girls!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Cool Sarah! I love the scallop at the side in the first card. The second card it looks like you made your own designer paper. Awesome!

trudelmj said...

Very nice, Sarah!

Marie-Josée

Buffy said...

I love the "craft smoosh!" Very cool. Your cards are gorgeous. Thanks!