Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shelli's Holiday Challenge




Wow! 2 posts in 1 day! Maybe I'll get Kristina's challenge done tomorrow and then we'll really be impressed with the resurrection of my blog! :)

Anyway, I made this box out of 4 scallop envelop dies for the Big Shot. You may have seen it before, but I decided to take it on with transparencies or acetate! Tricky tricky! Let me tell you these things are slippery. Anyway I embellished it with the snowflake from Season of Joy stamped in White Staz-On and the Christmas image from the Hostess Level 1 Set: Punches Three (retiring January 18th, see below for more details). The Christmas sentiment was stamped in Kiwi Kiss Classic Ink on Whisper White Cardstock, then punched out. Then I stamped it again on Whisper White with Read Red ink and cut out the middle portion. I popped it up on dimensionals, and adhesed (SU!'s Jaron Winder's word for adhering anything to something else) it onto another scallop square punch that I had rotated 90 degrees. Instead of folding the small flaps inside the box, I kept them outside and used the 1/8" Crop-a-Dile punch to punch 2 holes about 1" apart then threaded Narrow Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon through and tied knots at each of the four corners. I am showing a picture with candy (Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses are my favorite) and without, so you can get a better idea of what the box looks like. Even though I didn't use a flash, I know the pics look a little glare-y but without angling the camera, you couldn't even tell it was the scallop envie die! This is so much cuter in person! Give it a try and let me know if you have trouble/need clarification! I'll try to be better about posting but if not, have a very happy holiday season!!!

No comments: