Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scrapdango GDT Search


Hola! I made this layout for the Scrapdango Guest Design Team Search and although I cannot get it to load on their site (www.scrapdango.com - go check them out, the members are awesome and I love their message board, gallery, and monthly kits) I thought I'd put it on here. I'm going to include the link in the thread about the GDT but we'll see if they accept me as an actual entry or not. Most times computers are amazing, but sometimes they overwhelm me with frustration!

Here's my info that goes with it...along with a little bit about the process (we had to ink/distress the papers, use chipboard, and do some type of stitching):

I had so much fun with this one!!! I inked the edges of every paper - mostly with SU! Chocolate Chip (I sponged it onto/into the KI lace) but inked the background one with a Colorbox Cat's Eye in Copper for some extra shine. I used acrylic paints to paint the "D" and "C" chipboard and left the rest of the letters as they came. Finally, I used my sewing machine to stitch for the first time!!! I used white thread straight down the red/green piece near the edges. I used brown thread around the green photo mat. I also used a bit of embroidery floss to hand stitch a bit on the edges of the journaling block. One additional fun thing I tried here - I printed my photo on textured cardstock (looks more worn already because of the ridges) and then I sanded the edges of the photo before popping it up with dimensionals on the green mat. Hope you like it! Thanks for looking!

Note: The name tag is something you have to wear at Discovery Cove and they attach a map to your lanyard which is what the thing under my name tag is. I really wanted to include them - I love actual souvenirs from any trip/place/event!!! :)

Brown, Green, & Red Patterned Papers - My Mind's Eye
Yellow CS - Stampin' Up!
Polka Dot Pattered Paper - Deja Views
Blue Dot Lace CS - KI
Ink - Stampin' Up! & Colorbox
Thread - Coats & Clark
Embroidery Floss - DMC
Journaling stamp - Scrappy Cat
Chipboard - "D" & "C": Provocraft & rest of letters (white): Heidi Swapp
Green Staples (hard to tell in photo) - Making Memories
Ric Rac - Hobby Lobby
Journaling Pen - Zig Writer

* Sorry the photo isn't super straight - my title really is (I'm a psycho about straightness so this drives me nuts) - I was having camera issues tonight!

Have a great day! Hopefully I'll be back with a card or layout using Kristina Werner's new Color Inspiration challenge!

No comments: