Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cards, cards, cards...and our dog!!!



Well I haven't been scrappin' for a while but I've participated in my first Stampin' Up swap with my SU group! Below is my very first swap ever! I used stamp sets of Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Year after Year, Warm Words, Everyday Flexible Phrases & Sweet Celebrations. I also used Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, & So Saffron cardstock with Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum & Versamark inks. I colored the elephant with Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, and So Saffron chalks and hairsprayed it to set them so they didn't rub off! Of course, none of my projects would be complete without lots of punches so here I've used the 1", scallop, and word window.

The other swaps are my favorites that I received from the swap...





And finally, my two projects for my Stampin' Up Open House on Sunday. The first is a card using the set Enjoy Every Moment and its coordinating wheel (which I received FREE...you can too until April 30th)! The base is Sahara Sand, with accents in Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, & Pumpkin Pie. I also used Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie and Versamark inks. To add a little something extra I ticket corner punched the main sentiment block and its Pumpkin Pie mat then added a paperclip with Tempting Turquoise ribbon tied onto it. Finally I used the 1/2" punch to punch out the flower and Stampin' Dimensionals to pop it up from the sentiment and Dimensionals under the sentiment to pop it up from the card too! I really love this color combo which I got from www.scraptitude.com and plan to switch out the Tempting Turquoise with Wild Wasabi to do Kristina Werner's weekly color inspiration later tonight!



My other project is a giant paperclip bookmark. I have used the sets Sweet Celebrations and Seeing Spots. I used the scallop punch to punch the two bases and E6000 to put them together, sandwiching the paperclip in between and the 1" and 1 3/8" punches to punch out the circles to layer. I stamped the star using my Real Red marker (I don't have the ink pad yet) and cut it out (although I just got the star punch and will check if it fits). I used Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I also used Pumpkin Pie grosgrain and the double stiched Wild Wasabi ribbon. I secured the Wild Wasabi ribbon with a glue dot since this item will be used and "singed" the ends of my ribbon in the blue part of a flame so they won't fray (I always do this with altered projects and items where the ribbon may constantly be touched or rubbed up on something. Stampin' Dimensionals were used to pop up the star...ok so super long so I'll just say have a great week!



Oh yeah and we got our Miniature Schnauzer puppy, Oscar yesterday so here's a few pics of him as well!

1 comment:

Beth K. said...

Your projects look great! I havent done a clippie yet, looks fun.

And, of course, little Oscar looks like a cutie!!!

I didnt realize you had new posts, why dont they appear at top of your home page?

Beth K.